Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reactions to 4.0.6: It's Not As Bad As It Seems

Taken post Patch 4.0.6. Survival Hunter, February 10th, 2011. Kill shot of Erudax in Grim Batol. He dropped a ring that brought me to item level 329 and Heroics! But look at the dps and my competition. Yep!

As a Survival Hunter the Patch 4.0.6 Notes kind of hit close to the heart. The initial patch notes were fine, the only thing going away were the 5% decrease in our passive Into the Wilderness. But then the updates came in and we got nerfed intially by 25% to all of our signature shots (Black Arrow and Explosive Shot) and our Serpent Spread was now only hitting 4 targets. And I'll be honest with you all, since we're all friends here, I cried. But then they changed their minds and changed it to 15% and removed the Serpent Spread nerf. And a lot of Survival Hunters were crying that we were going to be at the bottom of the meters again and QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ, Q...

And then February 8th came around and the servers were up early and I anxieously logged in. And I found that my DPS had not gone down all that much. I am still topping meters in my normal modes for most of the time. Unless it is a switch to adds boss where I dip really really low sometimes I am pretty much doing as well as I was. My DPS is a little lower, less than 500 less most of the time, so personally I am not fairing any worse then before the Patch. So I guess it comes down to skill. Retribution paladins were getting buffed and I see a lot of them still only pulling 3k  single target damage on bosses. I have not yet had the ability to put myself up against other Hunters but I am still doing really good.

So really, don't worry about Nerfs so much. If you know how to gear your class and understand your rotation and get your shots off correctly you will be fine no matter how much nerfing they do to you resonably. It's about loving and playing your class well. I hate to say it, but if you're doing bad after being nerfed as a Survival Hunter than it comes down to looking at your gear or rotation and well...

L2P? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment